Thursday, March 19, 2009

Zucchini Hummus

I generally eat very healthy foods; not a lot of processed food, all natural, whole grains, no white sugar or flour, etc... So with the pregnancy I decided I really want to keep that up. My father-in-law is pretty much a raw foodest (don't think that's a real word) due to some health problems and he has been teaching me a lot about it. So here is the latest recipe that was soooooo good.

Zucchini Hummus
Yield: 1 cup, 2 servings (I tripled it and it didn't make much so make a lot if you have a lot of people)

1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
(about 1 1/2 cups)
2 Tbs raw tahini (get at the health food store)
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp crushed garlic (1 clove)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt

Blend it all together in the food processor with the S blade until smooth. Stop and scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula. Zucchini Hummus will keep for five days.

I put a bit of olive oil and paprika on top. You can eat it with cut up raw veggies. You could put it on top of a leaf of lettuce and then top with tomato and cumbers. You could eat it with tortilla chips, pita bread or "living" tortilla's that you get at the health food store. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment